Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites: Inspiration

The past storybooks are all unique and very creative. It was very helpful to go through the list and look for inspiration for my upcoming project. I chose three of my favorites.

I chose this Storybook to read because the "football" in the title grabbed my attention. I grew up watching football with my dad. Also, I go to a university with one of the - if not THE - best football programs of the country. I thought this was a very clever tactic to relate the story to local college students.

The layout and use of the OU colors made this easy to read. I enjoyed the accounts of each football game. I also liked the pictures of OU's campus.
 
This Storybook also made my favorites list because of the style. I love a great crime show and this Storybook could be made into a good series. The two posts about the vote and her choice would have made a spectacular season finale.

My favorite part about this project was the author's note after Sita's choice was revealed. It was mentioned that Sita was going to be with the widows. This was a great ending because she would be comfortable with them and be there to brighten their lives.

This was my favorite Storybook out of the selection I read. I think I related best to this one because I love the atmosphere of a beauty parlor. I do not know how well a guy would like this one, but the stories stayed in my head because it was such a creative idea.

I appreciated the pictures of the different type of traditional beauty in the Indian culture. I almost felt like I was there in the parlor. The style of writing invited me to pull up a seat and listen to the conversations.

How the author imagined Princess Sita


No comments:

Post a Comment