Thursday, August 27, 2015

Overview of Indian Epics

I was a homeschooler. From the last part of first grade to my high school graduation, I was taught by my mom. Because my mom loves books and wanted to instill a love of reading in her kids, we did several classes in literature throughout the years. Every year, we had a list of books that she wanted us to read. This exposure to books throughout my childhood nurtured a love for literature. I even read War and Peace on my own time. To this day, it is still one of my favorite stories.

I have been exposed to some epic literature. I remember reading Gilgamesh and Quo Vadis. My family also thrived on epic movies. My brothers did not let me leave the house until I had watched all of the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies.

However, I do not have a lot of experience with the Indian culture. When I read Marco Polo, it did pique my interest in this country. This is why I chose Indian Epics as a class for my college career. While I have only recently been out of the country, I want to travel more extensively in the future. I like to know about the places before I go. A few years ago, my grandpa went to India and told me about it. After our conversation, it was added to my bucket list of places to see.

Burning of Khandava Forest


I chose this picture because I love the detail. I cannot begin to imagine the painstaking work the artist had to do to create this. It shows a lot of love and dedication to his work. We should appreciate his art because it is a masterful way to depict this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment