Monday, August 24, 2015

One Of My Favorite Places

It is almost impossible for me to pick just one place that I could call my favorite. I have been to several states and other countries. One of my top favorites would be the Grand Canyon. A group of friends and I camped out there last Labor Day weekend.  

The immensity of the canyon and the way the sunset glowed through the rocks was breathtaking. It really put all of my problems into perspective. How could I stress about a class when I was literally just a speck on a rock out there? Whenever I feel overwhelmed about life, I remember what it was like to watch the sunset that September night in Arizona.


Grand Canyon, Arizona

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a small world, Alesha — I just read a post about the Grand Canyon a few minutes ago; you are not alone in your admiration for that remarkable place! Here is Natalie's post, and she is in the Indian Epics class also! I am also a big fan of the Canyon; I grew up in Tucson, and I would move back to Arizona in a heartbeat. It is a very beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your love for this place! I also love the fact that even on the worst cameras, photos will still turn out beautiful at the Grand Canyon. Did you happen to see the book that had a list of everyone that has died at the National Park and how they died? It looked really interesting, but I thought that I would somehow jinx myself if I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alesha, I totally can see why the Grand Canyon is one of your favorite places to visit! It has a beauty about it that is hard to capture anywhere else. I just spoke to someone this weekend who had just been there a few weeks ago, but did not step out on the skywalk... Please tell me you got to do this! I think it is one of the coolest man-made features the Grand Canyon has to offer!

    ReplyDelete