Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reading Diary A + B {Nivedita's Krishna}

I read Sister Nivedita's Cradle Tales of Hinduism.

First of all, when two massive tests this week in another class, I found myself studying for those but looking at my copy of the Mahabharata and wishing I was writing up a new post or working on my Storybook. Oh well, I am back here now.

I really liked this retelling of Krishna's story. The writing was clear and to the point but kept the story interesting the whole way through. I do not think of that as an easy task when dealing with stories like the old Indian epics.

I like how Krishna's story kind of provides the backbone for the entire story. It seemed like I was seeing the Mahabharata from someone else's point of view. This let the reader think about it in a different way and see things they might not have seen before. For instance, I now better understand why Dritarashta's wife kept a blindfold on for her life. She was supporting her husband.

Krishna

No comments:

Post a Comment