Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Reading Diary B [Arni's The Missing Queen]

I finished reading Samhita Arni's The Missing Queen.

I am so sad that it is over. This has been one of the most fun books to read for a class that I have had so far in my three years of college. However, I do not want to say too much in case someone else decides to read the story. I hope someone else decides to read this story!

I am going to say that it never failed to surprise me. Also, the ending was stunning. I could hardly believe that turn of events.

When I think of retelling a story, I think of this style. It makes such a difference if the author can magically take the basic structure and flesh it out in a new direction.

I highly recommend this story and I definitely plan on looking for Samhita Arni's other books.

The Missing Queen

1 comment:

  1. Alesha, I am so excited for the good experience you had with that book! I only read it a few weeks ago myself, but next semester, I will be promoting it really strongly as an option for people to read, especially since you liked it so much too! Both of Samhita's other books are in the Library. I wish they were available as ebooks, but since the art is such an important part of both of those books, I can see why they haven't been put out as digital. Anyway, I am really glad you liked that book. I wonder if she had the ending figured out early on, or if that was hard for her to decide. I also thought it was a great ending (and I really couldn't even guess how she would end it!).

    ReplyDelete