Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Reading Diary B [Arni's The Missing Queen]

I read from Samhita Arni's The Missing Queen.

I was still eagerly turning pages for this part of the reading. This is one of the best retellings of the story I have ever read.

The part where she is sent to the prison reminded me so much of The Count of Monte Cristo. He was wrongfully sent to prison. The prisoner in the cell next to him educates him on everything he knows while they prepare to break out. Although it is slightly different in this story, she is still imprisoned for just asking the wrong questions. 

I think adding The Washerman as the all-seeing overlord of the network was a great move. That reminds me of The Godfather. I am just really enjoying how the author tied all of these story lines together into this story. Also, I am constantly intrigued because the story moves so quickly and in ways that the reader would not expect. 

Can't wait for next week's readings!

The Godfather/ aka what I imagine the Washerman as ...

No comments:

Post a Comment