Monday, October 19, 2015

Reading Diary A [Arni's The Missing Queen]

I read from Samhita Arni's The Missing Queen.

Wow. This was so fascinating I just wanted to read it all day! It reminds me a lot of what I what trying to make my Storybook out to be.

The way that the story opens with the reporter interviewing the older Queen Kaikeyi. She brings up the disappearance of Sita, which apparently no one knows the story behind. It makes me wonder how I would feel if the I was one of their citizens. Would I notice if the country leader's wife had gone missing?

I think one of my favorite parts about what I have read so far is the way that the author re-imagines characters into modern times and imagines how the years might have affected them. Lakshmana was my favorite one of these, The way he was described as being stately but having the belly in his general uniform matched perfectly to what I had in my head.

I am so excited to read more of this book!

I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment