Monday, September 14, 2015

Styles For Miles

TOPIC: For my topic, I will be writing about the women of the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. More specifically, I am interested in Sita and also Draupadi. In the Ramayana, Sita has such interesting depth. She was the woman that Rama fell madly in love with, so much so that he could describe her feet enough to set her apart from other women. I would like to look into her side of the story as much as I could. Also, Draupadi would have so many interesting aspects of her story to explore. She found out that she was the prize in a chess match. No woman ever wants to find out she's the object of a game. If I gave her a voice, I think she would have a lot to say.

BIBLIOGRAPHY:



2. The Mahabharata by R.K. Narayan (2000).


POSSIBLE STYLES:

Newspaper Reporting: This would definitely be in the Third-Person format. I was imagining it like a reporter finding either Draupadi or Sita after the whole story happens and getting their thoughts. Or it could be more like a reporter on the scene just reporting what he sees. The images could be in a style like photojournalism. The whole Storybook website could also be designed to look like a newspaper.

Coffee Shop: I do not know how sold I am on this particular style. I imagine this to be Sita and Draupadi meeting in a coffee shop like so many good friends like to do. They find a cozy couch and just talk about the things that went on in the past week. This would be a very interesting way to get into the very depth of their feelings on their lives. There is nothing really like two good friends and coffee to get two women to talk about their stories. It would be the most interesting if I told it from one of their sides. So, I could tell the story from Draupadi's point of view and that would even allow readers to see her thoughts on Sita's story.

PTA Moms: Going off the last idea, it might be interesting to imagine these two women as moms involved in their children's schools. Ravana could turn into an evil principal from another school who admires Sita's PTA organization skills. This idea is seeming a little out there and more on a Doctor Who level of storytelling.

Miss America Pageant: A last idea could be imagining Draupadi and Sita as contestants in the Miss India pageant. It would be rather easy to include the craziness of Sita being kidnapped and perhaps Draupadi is the stakes in a gamble on who wins the pageant. This would definitely be a Third-Person Storytelling type of project.
 
 
 
Draupadi

 


No comments:

Post a Comment