Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reading Diary B {Devee Sita and Promila}

I read from Devee's Sita and Promila.


After reading this version, I realized just how helpful those reading guides are to understand what is going on fully. When I read Promila's story, I had to keep going over passages I already read to try to completely realize what happened. I even tried googling for a reading guide but could not find anything.

I really enjoyed the courage of Promila and how she is not afraid to take action for what she wants.  She was not even afraid to take an army of her maidens to go after her husband and see him. I like how Rama recognized her devotion and realized that he was not going to be able to stand in the way of her.

The ending of her story was so sad, though. They were so happy together and then of all things, her husband is killed! When he was killed, it was a little heartwrenching when his first thought was of his promise to Promila that he would come back. He was so upset about having to break his promise that it did not seem important to him that he was dying.




No comments:

Post a Comment