Sunday, September 20, 2015

Famous Last Words


Well, I had a really crazy week for sure. I had three anatomy tests in the span of one week and two papers besides the assignments for this class. I had to reminding myself to take a breather while I was going from studying for one test to the next one.

I think it became more stressful because I struggled to keep up with everything. I think it was a good lesson for me about keeping on top of my schedule. It is tough balancing a full-time school schedule and even just a part-time job, but it is possible. I just have to be more careful about staying ahead of the rough weeks in the schedule. Five classes can definitely collide and cause a busy week for a student.

This upcoming week, I plan on getting ahead in this class since we have the ability to work ahead of the current week. That is a definite bonus and will help when I near the end of the semester and finals week rears its ugly head.

Otherwise, I have learned a lot in all of my classes. I feel like my brain is a little full. But I have an open day tomorrow and Lola, my puppy, will be at the doctor all day. She is getting spayed and she has to stay under observation for a few hours afterwards. She has been getting spoiled all day today since she has no idea what is coming tomorrow!

Lola!

Lola is a mystery breed. We thought she was a German Shepherd and a Labrador mix. However, she is almost four months old and only fifteen pounds. I am wondering if she has maybe husky or smooth-coated border collie. If anyone wants to take a guess and let me know, that would be great!



                                                                                                                                                

5 comments:

  1. Alesha, I know life gets hectic this time of year, especially when we are college students! I cannot even imagine taking anatomy. I would probably not make it through the class- not science minded. Your dog is adorable though and I hope you got to spend some good time with Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had three anatomy exams in one week? Bless your soul! I heard that anatomy is one of the toughest classes at OU. I had some friends in human anatomy, and their lives revolved around open lab. The semester can be stressful, but remember your priorities. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices which can be difficult. Lola is precious! She reminds me of my dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alesha
    I know the struggle of waiting until the last minute for things. Although I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday it is extremely hard because I have work all day Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. So I always need to plan my classes out in advance so that I dont become to overwhelm. But knowing me I always wait until the last minute anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alesha, that sounds like a crazy week. I can definitely identify--I think my classes started colliding sometime in September and they haven't stopped since... Each week I mean to get ahead as well, but every week something comes up and there I am, doing things at the last minute again. Really hoping I can make a change before next semester so I don't fall as prey to this again! Great picture of your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with you on the crazy weeks. Hopefully, you managed okay. At the end of the day everything will be alright. Having a pal or friend can help get you through the week. I love all of the extra credit and that we can get ahead in this class. I need to finish out strong so I can focus on other classes.

    ReplyDelete