Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Reading Diary B [Ryder's Twenty-Two Goblins]

I read from Ryder's Twenty-Two Goblins.

Well, I was not expecting that ending! I knew it was going to be something unexpected this whole time and it certainly was. I did enjoy reading this story for the past few weeks, though. It was very interesting and different from the other things we have read.

I do not want to give anything away because I do encourage everyone to read this story for themselves. It is an easy read and keeps you interested and trying to guess the riddles for the different twenty-two times that the king goes after the goblin.

The readings have been incredibly interesting. I have learned a lot about different styles of telling the same story. Also, I feel that I have been challenged in my writing skills and creativity in telling my stories. I am going to miss this class!


A place full of culture

2 comments:

  1. Alesha, I just happened to see your post here and I am so glad you liked that book!!! (and that you liked the class of course) ... here's something really neat: I originally did not have this book on the list for this class (it was on the Myth-Folklore list, not for this class), but Anu told me it had been a favorite of hers (it is really famous in India!), so I added it, and several people have been reading it this semester. Which I think is GREAT. How cool that a Sanskrit classic which is over a thousand years old can be fun for OU students to read in 2015! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that you choose to read this. I enjoyed reading both of your retellings. Reading Laura's comment I see why this was added. I was wondering why there was a goblin in our classes blogs. Hehe. Usually, it is about one of the main characters from the epics. Any rate, I'm glad you found a book that you enjoyed and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete