Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reading Diary A [Sita Sings the Blues]

I watched the first part of Nina Paley's Sita Sings the Blues.

This was definitely not what I expected when I started this movie! At first I was a little weirded out by it and then it grew on me. The way she changes animation type is very interesting. If I had thought about animation changing during one film, I would have said that it would be impossible to pull off. However, Paley did it so well. The way that all of the pieces fit together to tell the story is fascinating.

It did make me wonder if the "Nina and Dave" story had happened to Paley for real. So, I started looking into Paley herself to find out more about her story. It was so interesting! The way that she fights against copyrights is different. It made me think a lot about it. I did notice the TEDtalk that she did and I plan on listening to it. I always thought that copyrights were there to protect the creator of the work. So, that makes me wonder what points she brings up.

Opening Scene of Sita Sings the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment