Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Reading Diary B [Ryder's Twenty-Two Goblins]

I read from Ryder's Twenty-Two Goblins.

I am starting to become very curious as to how dedicated the king is to capturing this goblin. Because the goblin has escaped his grasp eight times, but the king keeps going back for the goblin. You would think the king would become very frustrated with the fact that he has to keep going back for this creature. It makes me wonder if there is some important connection in this observation to the end of the story when we find out what finally happens to the king.

These riddles are very interesting. I still think that I am guessing the correct thing and then it turns out the answer was much different. It is okay. It is providing my daily mental exercise! I wish I could read the original translation because it would be interesting to see if there is a specific way that language was used to communicate more of the riddle.

Lord of the Rings: Bilbo and Gollum Guess Riddles

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alesha! After looking at your story I wanted to check out your reading diary for the week. I think I might read “Twenty-Two Goblins” by Ryder this week. I like that you are trying to play the part of the King and guess what the answer of each riddle is. This will help keep you interested in the story and help you retain more of the plot.

    ReplyDelete